Classroom Rules and Procedures
- Come to class on time. You must be INSIDE the door when the bell begins ringing to be counted on time.
- Begin the warm up immediately. Directions will be on the projection screen or the board. Please do not wait for me to remind you to begin since I need to take roll and attend to other duties for the first few minutes of the period. When I begin class, directions for the start up may be taken down, so don't delay.
- Attend to personal needs before coming to class. I have been instructed to limit passes, so please do not ask for a pass unless you have a true emergency (there are 7 minutes between classes).
- No grooming in class.
- Remain in your assigned seat unless you have permission to get up.
- There is to be NO FOOD OR DRINK in the room at any time.
- Bring required materials every day unless you are otherwise directed (you will not be allowed to go get them).
- Cell phones will be required to be placed in the designated lock box upon entry.
- Talk only when permitted. Be aware of the situation since quiet talking is allowed in some situations and speaking to the entire group without raising your hand may be allowed in others. I will remind you once and expect compliance.
- Use polite speech and body language. Unkind teasing and impolite behavior is unacceptable.
- Do not cheat. Students caught cheating will receive a zero and a phone call home. Both the student who shares his work for an independent assignment AND the person who copies it will suffer the same consequences. I expect you to do your own work and to be sure no one can copy it.
- Class ends when I dismiss you. I must account for all materials before you leave the classroom.
- Follow the teacher's directions immediately (if you have a complaint see me after class).
Failure to follow the rules and procedures will result in any of the following:
- Warning-Student Teacher Conference
- Parent/Guardian Notification and/or Detention
- Parent Teacher Conference
- Referral to an Administrator